Saturday, November 19, 2011

BGM Anthology III

I'll admit, I'm really just doing this to release some Skyward Sword energy, but hey, does it really mater? Once again I bring you some of the greatest not well known music in video games! I was planning to do a review on this little game I re-found, but hey! BGM is woith it!


CHRONO TRIGGER: MAIN THEME
For all youse guys who haven't played Chrono Trigger, shame on you. During the SNES era, RPGs were at the top of their game, it was a golden age. And, one of the best SNES RPGs was Chrono Trigger. Composed of a dream team including SquareSoft and the creators of Dragon Ball, it was a masterpiece of masterful proportions. The gameplay was fluent, the graphics were beautiful, the story was unlike anything gamers had experienced before, but the music topped the cake. Chrono Trigger's main theme is an epic, dramatic, sweeping theme that gets you excited and fills you with energy. Don't believe me? Listen.




EXCITEBIKES: VICTORY STAND
Excitebikes is a classic classic. This is a prime example of the early days of home gaming. Anyway, my friend Caleb and I really got into Excitebikes one day (long story) to the point where we were gritting our teeth trying to beat each other's time. If we did beat each other's time, a catchy jingle proceeded, in which we would both break into dance and... well, I didn't say we were normal.





MINECRAFT: MICE ON VENUS
Okay, the name of the song may surprise you, but I can take a gander you know the game. Minecfrat is the game sensation that swept and is currently sweeping the nation. The concept is so simple, the gameplay so fun... oh never mind, it's just a boss game. The creators got C418 to do the music, and instead of what you'd suppose the music to be, it's actually quite different. The music is the strange, dissodent, subtle piano that transitions into this fantasmical melody that really makes you feel... I don't know, different. It's the perfect music for the game. Even if you're not a player, this song is great.



And there you have it, the third installment in the BGM Anthology series. But, it's certainly not the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where YOU can tell ME what you think! I'm really hoping this is a good idea. Because if I get to much negativity...