Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Land of Arcades

I dearly hope i'm not the only one who's noticed that there are a surprising lack of arcades in America nowadays and that the ones that are there are usually cruddy. Perhaps arcades were at their best in the eighties and nineties, but have hit rock bottom today. Now that there are home consoles, arcades just aren't useful anymore. Perhaps we have Nintendo to blame for that, but I'm not too mad. Arcades wouldn't have survived anyway. The arcade game today are awful, about half of them being photo booths or basketball shootouts. There are a few of the titans like, SPACE INVADERS, MRS. PAC MAN, GALAGA, STREET FIGHTER, and TRON that may still be sighted, but most have been packed away or sold. Pinball machines now dominate as well. I'm very distressed over this and think AMERICA needs more of the good ol' arcades that dotted citys and towns years ago. But my wish may never be granted. At least their are people like the ones who posted the below video who seem to invision my sights.



For those of ou who share my views, I wish we could challenge each other's high scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where YOU can tell ME what you think! I'm really hoping this is a good idea. Because if I get to much negativity...